1. Watch the video on Map Basics.
2. Use the video, your textbook and the weblinks below to define the vocabulary words below. JUST WRITING THE DEFINITIONS FROM YOUR BOOK WILL NOT BE ENOUGH.
3. Answer the questions below for a 10 point assignment. We will review these in class.
4. If you have any questions, please type them in the questions section at the bottom of this page.
1. What are some purposes of maps?
2. What is the purpose of latitude and longitude lines?
3. How do physical and political maps differ?
4. Why is a legend or key important for reading a map?
You will use your knowledge gained to complete an exercise in class called Elements on a Map.