MAT 300 Assignment 1- Statistical Analysis Project
Assignment 1: Statistical Analysis Project
For this project, you need to create your own research question to conduct a hypothesis test. In doing so,
you will need to find your own data by collecting the data yourself. You will need to provide to your
instructor through Blackboard your research question and plans to collect your data by the end of Week
4. Additionally, a rough draft is due in Week 8 to check your progress and understanding of the
assignment. Your research question should have one of the following general forms:
• The true population mean variable is greater than value.
• The true population mean variable is less than value.
• The true population mean variable is not equal to value.
The research question and variable to be studied must be approved by the instructor in Week 4. Failure
to receive approval and/or submit a rough draft will result in a 50% penalty on the final assignment.
Write a two to three (2-3) page report in which you:
1. Calculate the mean, median, and standard deviation for the key variable.