Be sure to pause, rewind, stop as necessary.
Source: Langhans and various other educators
1. Explain why mechanical advantage is so important.
2. You are moving a large piece of furniture upstairs. Why does a ramp make more sense to use than stairs?
3. When would a machine not have a mechanical advantage?
4. How would you increase the MA of a pulley?
5. If one kid has a great deal of mass and the fulcrum hasn't moved ( still centered) then the kid stay on the ground until he pushes with his legs. There is still no mechanical advantage. Why?
6. Why are machines never 100% efficient?