Be sure to pause, rewind, stop as necessary.
Source: Langhans and various other educators
1. Explain why mechanical advantage is so important.
2. You are moving a large piece of furniture upstairs. Why does a ramp make more sense to use than stairs?
3. When would a machine not have a mechanical advantage?
4. How would you increase the MA of a pulley?
5. If one kid has a great deal of mass and the fulcrum hasn't moved ( still centered) then the kid stay on the ground until he pushes with his legs. There is still no mechanical advantage. Why?
6. Why is efficiency so important? Explain at least 2 difference reasons.
7. Why are machines never 100% efficient?
8. Explain how energy relates to efficiency.