Currently working on: CCSS 8.W.9 Draw evidence from literary or informational texts to support analysis, reflection, and research.
At the end of this tutorial students will:
1. Have a review of the current reading section as well as what to look for while reading.
2. Be able to identify steps to help them analyze a character in a story.
3. Apply that knowledge on a few characters from the novel Night by Elie Weisel.
At the end of tonight’s homework you will know more about the current section we are reading,what to look for while reading, and take a look at allusions as seen in Night.
1. Sign into Sophia.org!
2. Watch the video and take the notes.
3. Fill out the digital WSQ and SUBMIT!
Source: Created by Nichole Carter, power point and screencastomatic.com
Source: Created by Nichole Carter, power point.
This video focuses on flat and round characters, which I didn't add to this video. We will look at this later in the year. It however does use some fun examples from movies that makes this concepts more understandable.
Source: @MrsMillersbooktalks on youtube.com