or email at:
NSCI 280 ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY 1 COMPLETE WEEK 1
Anatomy and Physiology 1
Week 1 Orientation, Chemistry, and Cells
1.1 – Examine the basic organization of the human body and discuss what it needs to maintain life.
1.2 – Compare and Contrast the differences between organic and inorganic compounds.
1.3 – Summarize the structure of a cell and the different types of cells.
1. How does the study of anatomy differ from the study of physiology?
2. What is studied in gross anatomy? In surface anatomy?
1. Define Matter and the difference between mass and weight.
2. State the six roles of lipids in the body and give an example of each.
1. What are the main chemical components of the plasma membrane?
2. Differentiate among intracellular, extracellular, and intercellular.
3. List three ways that substances can move across the plasma membrane?
Week 1 Quiz