or email us at:
PAD 505 ASSIGNMENT 3 PRESENTING THE BUDGET
Due Week 8 and worth 300 points
Refer the Scenario for Assignments 1–5. Prepare the financial plan and budget justification proposal.
The agency is contracted to work with New York City on several capital projects. To proceed with negotiations, an analysis of the city’s financial documents must be considered. Review the New York City Financial Plan, located athttp://www.nyc.gov/html/omb/downloads/pdf/fp6_12.pdf,to answer questions listed. (Title this section “New York City Financial Plan”)
1. Answer Question 1 based on the review of the New York City Financial Plan: Are total revenues growing faster or more slowly than expenditures? Show the annual growth rates for revenues and expenditures in a table.
2. Answer Question 2 based on the review of the New York City Financial Plan: What is New York City’s fastest-growing category of expenditures during the planning period? Justify the answer with examples.
3. Answer Question 3 based on the review of the New York City Financial Plan: What percentage of New York City revenue comes from the general property tax? How much is this tax growing in each year of the financial plan? Justify the answer with examples.
4. Prepare a budget to support the proposal to partner with New York City to offer a job training program housed within the NYC Department of Social Services. (Title this section “Budget Justification Proposal.”) (Note: The agency has decided to partner with New York City.)
1. The agency proposes $500,000 over a three (3) year period beginning FY2013 to be included in the State Categorical Grants for the Department of Social Services to provide hands-on job training workshops in office administration, security, construction, and apartment maintenance.
Use Figure 7.2, Budget Justification, in C