Assignment 5: The Executive Summary
Due Week 10 and worth 200 points
Research any of following Websites as you prepare this assignment: Governmental Accounting Office, located atwww.gao.gov , www.publicagenda.org: RAND Corporation, located at http://www.rand.org/; Policy Library, located athttp://www.policylibrary.com/; American Enterprise Institute, located at http://www.aei.org; Cato Institute, located athttp://www.cato.org; Economic Policy Institute, located athttp://www.epi.org/; The Heritage Foundation, located athttp://www.heritage.org; or other.
Use the policy you selected from Assignment 2 (Demonstration Exercise 1 located at the end of Chapter 3) to research a published study related to your chosen area of focus. Then, prepare an Executive Summary with the criteria listed for this assignment.
Write a five to six (5-6) page paper in which you:
(Note: Refer to Appendix 2: The Executive Summary for all criterions)
1. Establish the purpose(s) of the executive summary.
2. Provide the background to the issue.
3. Discuss the results of the research, identifying the models used to obtain the results.
4. Provide available federal data.
5. Discuss appropriate economic predictors.
6. Propose at least three (3) reliable, implementable recommendations.
7. Include at least two (2) peer-reviewed references (no more than five  years old) from material outside the textbook to support your views. Note: Appropriate peer-reviewed references include scholarly articles and governmental Websites. Do not use open source Websites such as Wikipedia, Sparknotes.com, Ask.com, and similar Websites are not acceptable resources.