Babel, tower of
Doctors of the Church
Fathers of the Church
Shinar, plain of
1.) Explain how creation is set up as two sets of 3.
2.) How is Creation like a great Temple for the worship of God?
3.) How does God experience time?
4.) What are the four things to learn about being made in the Image of God?
5.) What do we learn about marriage from Adam and Eve?
6.) What are the two names for God that are used in creation and what do both mean?
1.)What is Nahash?
2.) What things, more important than natural life, did Adam and Eve lose when they sinned?
3.) What "wisdom" did Adm and Eve gain from choosing to disobey God?
4.) Why did God ask Adm and Eve questions when he already knew the answers?
5.) How did Adm and Eve respond to God about their disobedience?
6.) What were the four consequences to original sin?
1.) How did Cain present himself when confronted by God?
2.) What is unique about Lamech?
3.) How is Christ’s ethic of forgiveness opposed to Lamech’s ethic of revenge?
4.) How are Seth’s descendants different from Cain?
5.) Who were the sons of God, who were the daughters of men?
1.) Why did God decide to start the human race over with Noah?
2.) What is important about the number "forty" in Scripture?
3.) What is the significance of the rainbow in the covenant God made with Noah?
4.) What is the "table of nations"?
5.) What does it mean to "make a name" for oneself?
1.) What did God ask Abram to do?
2.) What type of work was Abram's family involved with? Where did they live?
3.) Who was Lot?
4.) Why would God's promise to Abram to give him a multitude of descendents have been hard to believe?
5.) What did the idea of many descendants mean in the time of Abram?
When you finish this worksheet, with the same partner read Catechism 142-165. Make an outline of the key things they learn about from this section.
Bringing the story of Abraham into the modern world.
The Imovie/Powerpoint will be judged on:
Remember the four things you will turn in
You will have two class periods to complete. This is graded as a test.
Holiday Traditions Project
You have already done the Holiday portion for your other classes. Today you will work on the Religion portion. This involves looking up a Saint from your country and doing research and telling us their story.
The steps are
1. What did Sarai suggest Abraham do to ensure a son?
2. What was the external sign of the covenant God made with Abraham?
3. What does the new name God gives Sarai mean? Why did God choose the name Isaac for Abraham and Sarah's child?
4. What sacrifice did God ask of Abraham?
5. What did Isaac and Jesus have in common with the sacrifices?
1. Why did Abraham want Isaac to avoid marrying a Canaanite woman?
2. How was the choice of Isaac's wife the result of prayer?
3. Why did Esau give up his birthright?
4. How did Jacob trick his father into giving him Esau's blessing?
5. In your own words, tell me the story of Jacob and his wives.
1. Why were both Leah and Rachel upset?
2. What did Jacob feat from Esau?
3. What blessing did the angel, who wrestled Jacob, give Jacob?
4. Tell me the story of Joseph.
5. How is Joseph a "type" for Jesus Christ?
8th Grade Sacred Scripture
Study guide Unit 2 (Short answers, know the concepts!!)