or email at:
SEC 402 WEEK 5 MIDTERM EXAM
1. A SYN flood is characterized by the brute force transmission of requests for access to the target network, with the aim of overwhelming its capacity to receive them.
2. Computerized information is so tightly bound within the fabric of our society that its trustworthiness and availability has to be assured in order for our basic social functions to operate properly.
3. There is general agreement about what legitimately constitutes the right set of actions to deter hostile activity in cyberspace.
4. There been a standard definition of what constitutes due care in the information protection realm since the beginning of the discipline.
5. FISMA is a piece of legislation; therefore, as is the usual case with legislation, the actual means of implementing the federal law is left up to the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
1. ____ bundles mutually supporting government initiatives into a single coordinated effort to ensure the security of cyberspace and includes the establishment of a coordinated national capability to identify and remediate computer vulnerabilities.
a. CHCI, 2008 c. CNCI, 2008
b. CCNI, 2008 d. CICN, 2008
2. Under the ____ rule, pr