1. (TCO A) During the _____ phase of the attack process, the attacker looks for open ports. (Points : 5)
2. (TCO A) The target network has been thoroughly footprinted. Which is the next phase of the hacking process? (Points : 5)
3. (TCO B) The scope section of a security policy deals with _____. (Points : 5)
4. (TCO B) An extranet provides access to _____. (Points : 5)
5. (TCO C) The 3DES algorithm uses _____ separate keys. (Points : 5)
6. (TCO C) The current and most secure version of SNMP is _____. (Points : 5)
7. (TCO D) The component of network security that ensures that data being sent or received cannot be read by unauthorized users is _____. (Points : 5)
8. (TCO E) An extranet VPN provides secure connections between you and your suppliers for _____. (Points : 5)
9. (TCO F) Which step is not a wireless LAN security measure? (Points : 5)
10. (TCO G) For physical security, the surfaces that can be attacked include the floor, walls, ceiling, and _____. (Points : 5)
1. (TCO A) List and explain three of the motivations of those that might attack a computer network. Which of the three is the most dangerous? Why? (Points : 25)
2. (TCO A) What is the purpose of footprinting? (Points : 25)
3. (TCO B) Discuss the following.
(a) How does a man-in-the middle attack objective differ from a Smurf attack objective?
(b) What are the similarities?
(c) How are each of the attacks mitigated? (Points : 25)
4. (TCO B) How important is it to involve other departments and employees in the crafting of security policies? (Points : 25)
5. (TCO C) When a device performs a stateful packet inspection, what characteristics in a packet’s header are inspected, and why are they important? (Points : 25)
6. (TCO C) Define the differences between public and private IP addresses. (Points : 25)
7. (TCO D) What are the limitations of a firewall? (Points : 25)
8. (TCO E) What are the three types of VPNs? Describe the characteristics of each one. (Points : 25)
9. (TCO F) Are wireless networks vulnerable to the same types of denial-of-service attacks as wired networks? Are they vulnerable to any additional attacks that wired networks are not? (Points : 25)
10. (TCO G) Define firewalking. (Points : 25)
11. (TCO B) What is ISO/IEC 27002? (Points : 20)