Students will understand what is necessary to make a complete sentence.
They will be able to tell the difference between a sentence fragment and a complete sentence.
A complete sentence needs a subject and a predicate in order to be a complete sentence. Otherwise, it is called a sentence fragment.
1) A sentence fragment is an incomplete sentence. It cannot stand by itself.
2) All complete sentences have a subject and a predicate.
3) A subject is who or what the sentence is about.
4) A predicate tells what the subject is doing.
5) Remember your punctuation mark at the end of your sentence.
Start at 1:16
Take Quiz on Socrative