Source: Langhans and various other educators
1. The specific heat of ethanol is 2.46 J/g-oC. Find the heat required to raise the temperature of 193 g of ethanol from 19oC to 35oC.
2. When a 120 g sample of aluminum (Al) absorbs 9612 J of energy, its temperature increases from 25oC to 115oC. Find the specific heat of aluminum. Be sure to include the correct unit for specific heat.
3. What is the specific heat of a substance that absorbs 2500 joules of heat when a sample of 10000 g of the substance increases in temperature from 10.0C to 70.0C?
4. How much heat energy is required to raise the temperature of 10 grams of ice from –100 C to 00 C?? (Cp for ice is 0.5 cal/g0C)
5. A 200-gram sample of iron, initially at 0 0C, absorbs 660 calories of heat. Determine the final temperature attained by the iron sample if the specific heat capacity of iron is 0.11 cal/g0C.
Source: various educators and Langhans