Speed vs velocity and some graphing
Source: unknown- it has been awhile...
1. Explain how speed and velocity are the same, yet different at the same time.
2. What would happen to the speed of an object if an astronaut throws it in space?
3. Explain the relationship between distance, speed, and time.
4. Using the speed formula, solve the following problem (Be sure to show given and work): A comet is cruising through the solar system at a speed of 50,000 kilometers per hour for 4 hours. What is the total distance traveled by the comet during this time? Be sure to show Given and Work
5. What does the slope of a line on a graph tell you? Now what does the slope mean in science? Explain why they are the same or different.
6 - 10:
11.. Shannon drove her car 140 miles east at a rate of 70 miles per hour. How long did she travel? Show Given and Work
12. Two billiard balls of equal mass are on a level, frictionless surface. The first ball is moving and collides with the second ball, which was stationary. After the collision, both balls are moving. Describe the speed of both billiard balls.
Source: Langhans; image from C. Stephen Murray