By the end of this packet you should be able to:
* compute the sum of the interior angles of any convex polygon.
* compute the measure of a single interior angle of any regular polygon.
* compute the sum of the exterior angles of any convex polygon
* find the measure of one exterior angle of a regular polygon
* compute the number of sides of a regular polygon given the measure of one angle of the polygon.
You will be able to define and use the following terms:
This packet provides a vocabulary lesson, and concept development lesson, and four practice problems for the user.
Cover art of mosaic tiles was taken from the Morgue File http://www.morguefile.com website which grants permission for use of its images.
Presents a few terms you will need for the lesson
A video discussing the sum of the interior and exterior angles in a polygon.
Step-by-step explanation of two examples.
Four application problems using sums of angles in polygons
Source: photo of stop sign is clip art from Microsoft.