Using the video linked, watch and listen to Martian Luther King Jr. as he delivers his "I Have a Dream" speech. Record the answers to the questions below and keep them for discussion tomorrow.
1) What ideas does MLK Jr. present that embody the civil rights movement?
2) What ideas do you think should have been included?
3) Which states does MLK Jr. mention in his speech that he wants to see change in? What has happened in those states that signify they need change?
4) What pieces of the Constitution does MLK Jr. mention? Are these Civil Rights or Civil Liberties?
5) Which president supported the Civil Rights movement? Why?
This slide show presentation contains information about topics throughout the 1960's. It also includes images and videos to illustrate important concepts, and people.