Using the following 2013 JCPenny Annual 10-K Report, answer the following questions: The report can be found by typing the following into your URL: https://snhu-media.snhu.edu/files/course_repository/graduate/ol/ol501/ol501_jcpenney_annual_report.pdf
1. Find the 2013 Income Statement. Create a chart in Excel using the sample format below to summarize the revenue in dollars and percent of growth year over year for the past three years (from 2010-2012), and then answer the questions that follow.
2. Did revenue grow over the three years (from 2010-2012)? Indicate any years when either revenue or the rate of growth declined year over year.
3. Create a similar chart as above for profitability. Indicate where profits grew or declined year over year. Indicate any year(s) where the rate of growth declined year over year.
4. Create a chart for expenses, including the major categories of expense. Indicate where the following expense categories grew or declined year over year. Indicate where the rate of increase or decline changed, year over year:
Cost of goods sold
Marketing and sales
5. Locate the balance sheet. Create a chart of assets, liabilities, and owners’ equity for 2011 and 2012. Calculate the percent of growth or decline in each area from 2011 to 2012.
6. Taking assets and liabilities plus equity into account, what three accounts changed the most in the last year?
7. Was there any change in stockholders’ equity from 2011 to 2012? Describe how the change came about.
8. Locate the Cash Flow Statement in the annual report and answer the following questions:
a) Between Operating, Investing, and Financing cash flows, rate the sources of cash in terms of significance (1st =largest,3rd = smallest ).
b) What is the most significant change in cash for this company in the 3 years from 2010 to 2012?