Objective: Students will be able to describe the elements of the water cycle.
Standard: Science State Standard. Grade 5.
Earth Science. 4.b. Students know the influence that the ocean has on the weather and the role that the water cycle plays in weather patterns.
1. Look at the Powerpoint to learn the key terms of the lesson.
2. Watch the Crash Course video to get a deeper understanding of the water cycle.
3. Listen to the music video.
4. Take the short quiz to what you remember learning about the water cycle.
5. Answer the "big question" at the end. This will require a lot of information based on the videos and Powerpoint you looked at.
Review the terms of the water cycle; evaporation, condensation, precipitation, and collection and learn what the water cycle is.
Watch this short video of an in-depth explanation of the water cycle.
Listen to this song to have a fun and interesting way to remember the water cycle.
Once you have gone over all the material and took the short quiz, I would like you to answer the "big question" on a piece of paper.
What is the Water/Hydrologic Cycle? Using your words describe the stages of the water cycle and the states of matter (solid, liquid, and gas). Also, what do you believe is the most important part of the water cycle, and why?