Upon successful completion of this module, the student should be able to:
1. identify the parts of an essay
2. identify the characteristics of an effective paragraph
3. identify the thesis statement
4. write an effective introduction paragraph that includes a triple point thesis statement
5. build a well organized and coherent five paragraph essay
This presentation gives the key points in writing an essay.
Source: Matthew Tabeek, English Instructor at Fayetteville Technical Community College
Here is an example of an essay outline. Below it is a blank essay outline for you to fill out in planning your essay.
Source: Karen Silvestri, Instructional Specialist
Download and print out the sample writing plan. Use the worksheet to prepare an essay for a prompt your instructor may give you.