Common Core State Standard: 8.RL.1 & 8.RI.1
Students will understand:
1. Review the basics of theme and how it is about the bigger picture.
2. The ideas of author's purpose and how that relates to theme
3. How to set up your theme paragraph on the current proficiency
The students will go through a quick review on theme as well as the different types of author's purpose and how that relates to theme.
1. Sign into sophia
2. watch the video, and take notes
*for those of you that told me you were utterly confused yesterday because you did the slides and didn't watch the video! DUH! Do the slides! The narration helps explain everything. Be a little less lazy and watch the video!
Maybe I shouldn't upload the slides...
3. Do the digital WSQ and quiz please!
Source: Created by Nichole Carter, power point and screencastomatic.com
Source: Created by Nichole Carter, power point.