DIRECTIONS: As you watch the video, respond to the following questions on your half sheet
DO NOT rewrite the questions
DO number your responses
1. How many years did the Tuskegee Trials go on?
2. What were the trials studying?
3. Categorize how many men WITH and how many Black men WITHOUT Syphilis were used in the trials
4. What did all of the men have in common?
5. List three things the men were promised for participating in the trials
6. In what way did those conducting the experiment NOT follow Informed Consent Rules (Though this rule did not exist at the time).
6. How many of the men died from Syphilis or side effects of Syphilis?
7. List two things the government promised once they settled the lawsuit with the survivors of the Tuskegee trials
Topic: Tuskegee Sipphilus Trials
EQ: Examine how the Tuskegee Sipphilus Trials were unethical as well as the ways the medical field adjusted their rules to ensure patients would be more safe after the trials were shut down.
LENGTH: 2 pieces of paper front and back
Source: For the Good of Mankind? The Shamefull HIstory of Human Medical Experimentation
Write a letter to the Tuskeegee Siphilis Institute informing them that their experiment is “unethical” and has broken two mandates from the Nuremberg Code that they have broken. Be sure to include details from today’s reading to prove your claims right. Place quotation marks around the details you are borrowing from today's reading.