student will know what insurance coverages are available to drivers
student will know which insurance coverage is required in Vermont
Students will define premium
Students will define deductibles
Student will be know what to do in the event of a crash
Student will be know when a Vermont State crash report is to be filed
Student will know how to fill out a Vermont State crash report
Insurance is protection against loss or damage to property.
Home Assignment 3.02: Insuring Your Vehicle and Vermont Insurance Requirements
Section – 1 Insuring Your Vehicle
Choose the correct insurance coverage from the list below and write the type needed by you to cover you in scenarios 1 - 11.
Types of Insurance Coverage:
· Uninsured Motorists Covers damages done to you by a driver who does not have insurance. Covers you incase you are injured by a hit and run driver.
· Comprehensive Protects your car against damage caused by theft, fire, earthquake, vandalism, flood etc.
· Collision Pays for the cost of repairing your vehicle or replacing you car when you or another driver was at fault.
· Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover medical expenses and loss of income for you and your passengers regardless of who was at fault or what type of collision it is. Covers any pedestrian or cyclist harmed by the insured’s vehicle.
· Liability Bodily Injury Pays for injuries to other for which you are partially or entirely responsible. Covers your legal fees whether or not you were at fault.
· Liability Property Damage Pays for damage to the property of others, if you are partially or entirely responsible. Covers your legal fees whether or not you were at fault.
1.__________________ You hit a parked car and do damage to the other car’s left rear fender
2.__________________ A driver runs a stop sign and hits your car, has no insurance and cannot afford to pay for the damage to your car
__________________ Someone breaks the side window and steals the radio from your car
4.__________________ You and your passengers are injured in a crash, and all of you have medical bills as a result
5.__________________ You slide off the road and do damage to your own car by hitting a telephone pole
6.__________________ You rear–end a car and its two occupants get whiplash, they end up with large medical bills
7.__________________ A driver runs into your car while you are waiting at a red light, a passenger in your car is severely injured and requires a long hospital stay
8.__________________ The back window is shattered when the car is closed up in the hot sun
9.__________________ Your parked car is damaged by a hit–and–run driver
10.__________________ You hit and injure a pedestrian
11.__________________ You car is stolen and is never recovered
Section 2 – Vermont Insurance Requirements
Use the Vermont Driver’s Manual to answer the following questions:
12. List the six things you must do if you have a traffic crash or collision:
13. Vermont law requires you to file an accident report with DMV if:
14.Vermont’s mandatory insurance law requires every driver to insure vehicles with liability insurance. The minimum insurance a driver must have in Vermont is:
a.Bodily Injury Liability $_________ per person; and
b.Property Damage Liability $_________ per person.
15.You must provide _____________________________ and an insurance card when you are stopped by a police officer.
16.If you drive without insurance and certain circumstances occur, your license will be taken away until you get insurance. What are the circumstances?