Read pages 420-421, answer the following questions, use the story to help you.
1. What is the important idea in the first paragraph?
2. Which details from the main text are retold by the heading and diagram at the bottom of p. 420?
3. What main idea about giant ant eaters do the call-out boxes (the little bubbles) on the diagram on p. 421 support?
Read pages 422, answer the following questions, use the story to help you.
1. How do leaf cutter ants help create new leaves?
2. How does the final caption on p. 422 give a clue to the meaning of mulch in the main text?