STANDARD 6: DEVELOP AS A PROFESSIONAL SCHOOL COUNSELOR
6.1 Establish professional goals and pursue opportunities to improve
Objective: To help teenage students prepare for job interviews.
Grade: 10th grade to 12th grade
Big Question: What are the major concepts of job interviewing for teenagers?
• Get a good night’s sleep!
• Show up 5 minutes early
• Slightly overdress
• Bring a resume
• Shake hands when greeting and leaving the interviewer
• Focus on keeping eye contact, take notes if able
• Research the company
• Prepare questions for the interviewer
• Thank them for their time
• Follow up with a thank you note or an email
• Bring your cell phone
• Go to the interview hungry
• CHEW GUM
• Dress flashy
• Show up exactly on time, or late
• Bring friends
• Be distracted
• Share too much personal information
• Drink an energy drink before the interview
Source: , Ns. INTERVIEW TIPS FOR TEENS (n.d.): n. pag. Web.