R7.4A Poetry analyze the importance of graphical elements: capital letters, line length, word position, on the meaning of the poem
R7.10D synthesize and make logical connections between ideas within a text and across two or three texts representing similar or different genres, and support those findings with textual evidence
RFig.19D make complex inferences about text and use textual evidence to support understanding (expository)
Today, we will be analyzing the lyrics from Natalie Merchant's song "Wonder".
1. First, you will need to print out the document labeled "TP-FASTT".
2. Next, print out the lyrics to "Wonder" (labeled "Wonder by Natalie Merchant").
3. Answer the first two questions (the T and the P) on the TP-FASTT form.
4. Read the poem/lyrics to the song "Wonder".
5. Answer the remaining questions on the TP-FASTT form.
6. Please view the video of the song "Wonder" by Natalie Merchant.
7. Finally, please view the following YouTube video "Ashley's Story."
8. When you arrive to class, please be ready to discuss the meaning of the poem/lyrics to the song "Wonder" and what they may mean in regards to the book "Wonder".
This document will aid in your analysis of poetry.
Lyrics for poetry analysis.