8.W.3 Write narratives to develop real or imagined experiences or events using effective technique, relevant descriptive details, and well-structured event sequences.
Specifically focused on:
D. Use precise words and phrases, relevant descriptive details, and sensory language to capture the action and convey experiences and events.
Students will learn:
1. A check list of what to think about when editing for word choice
2. Learning about the "shades" of meaning of a word
3. Avoiding Dead Verbs
4. Ideas about showing and not telling.
5. Thinking about using words from some of the Poe stories we have read in class.
Think about your word choice for description and helping to build mood in your scary imaginative story.
1. Sign into Sophia!
2. Watch video and take notes.
3. Fill out digital WSQ and submit!
Source: Created by Nichole Carter, power point and screencastomatic.com
Source: Created by Nichole Carter, power point.