While reading short stories and poems written by Edgar Allan Poe we will be looking at 8.R.L.4 & 8.R.L.6 focusing on word choice, tone, connotation, and point of view.
1. Learn the things to keep in mind on their next proficiency in paying attention to the word choice used by Poe to create tone, and suspense.
2. Learn about connotation and apply that knowledge to a quick activity.
3. Learn about figurative meaning
At the end of the video we will learn what you will be asked to do on your next proficiency; understanding words that help promote suspense, and words that hold figurative meaning, and understanding the connotation of the words in relation to building tone.
1, Sign into Sophia
2. Watch the video and take notes
3. Fill in the digital WSQ
4. Take the quiz, prove you are paying attention!
Source: Created by Nichole Carter, power point and screencastomatic.com
Source: Created by Nichole Carter, power point.