1. Students write mathematical statements using symbols to represent numbers.
2. Students know that written statements can be written as more than one correct mathematical sentence.
Lesson Questions / Review
- We know how to write mathematical statements using symbolic language.
- Written mathematical statements can be represented as more than one correct symbolic statement.
- We must always begin writing a symbolic statement by defining our symbols (variables).
- Complicated statements should be broken into parts or attempted with simple numbers to make the representation in symbolic notation easier.
The following IXL target is perfect practice for Module 4's Lesson 1 & 2.
Module 4 - Lesson 1
Module 4 - Lesson 1 Instructions