Charlie McClain – Professional Curriculum Vitae – Information Technology Management
I am an accomplished senior-level Information Systems Security Manager and University Instructor, with over 25 years’ experience in Information Systems project innovation, design, programming, management, and teaching. My professional background includes:
• Over 15 years of experience with enterprise secure systems design and implementation.
• Unique and nonpareil depth and breadth in convergent IT marketing/management focus based on career background in law, general management and finance, and higher education.
• Consistently recognized for superior customer service and conflict resolution skills.
• Excellence in communicating complex information to technical and non-technical populations.
• Ability to conceptualize a pioneering technical vision, and see it through to fruition.
At present, I’m a part-time instructor at the Drexel University iSchool and Capella University teaching under-graduate and graduate courses in Information Security, Cryptography, IT Auditing, IT Forensics, and Ethics in IT; I’ve also served as a PhD committee member and Dissertation Advisor. I am very skilled in quantitative, qualitative, and mixed research methodologies. I also serve as an expert witness in information security issues for Mann & Kytle, a Seattle, Washington law firm specializing in information technology litigation.
Employment - My most recent management position was VP/Information Security Officer for County Bank, a mid-sized Central California commercial bank (40 branches, $2 billion per year in business transactions – Acquired by Westamerica Bank – my position was eliminated on 9/1/09), where I made extensive use of my educational and professional background in all phases of my work. I held this position for 5 years. Previous employment includes US Department of State (FTE/TSBI), several public and private IT/Management teaching positions (Undergrad/Grad), several public and private IS assignments located in California, Washington DC, and throughout the nation. I’m a veteran of the Vietnam War, where I served in the US Army as a Captain of Field Artillery.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, SCHOLARLY WRITING & PRESENTATIONS
• PhD – Information Technology Management (Information Security) - 2008 - Capella University, Minneapolis, MN
• Master o