Doctoral Student in Public Safety – Criminal Justice Specialization
Master of Science in Criminal Justice 2004
Graduate Certificate in Substance Abuse
Nova Southeastern University, The Criminal Justice Institute, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Bachelor of Science in Social and Behavioral Sciences 1996
Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana
TEACHING AND TRAINING EXPERIENCE
Dean of Academic Affairs
Undergraduate courses taught: Introduction to Criminal Justice, Criminology, Criminal Justice Administration, Security, State and Local Government, Victimology, Probation and Parole, Criminal Investigations, and Police Administration
• Hired as first faculty member of new Criminal Justice program at Duluth, Georgia campus.
• Developed the “Personal Development Plan” concept which allows the student to focus their primary interest in criminal justice through their courseload assignments on an individualized basis to improve retention and overall program success.
• Received “exceptional” ratings on all evaluations with outstanding student surveys as well.
• Program growth has exceeded 80% annually with excellent retention and drop rate under 4%
American Intercontinental University 2005 - 2006
Undergraduate courses taught: Introduction to Criminal Justice, Victimology, Drugs and Crime, Advanced Trends in Criminal Justice, and Senior Capstone Course - Ethics
Sentinel Offender Services 1999 - 2009
Director of Training and Quality Assurance/Director of Corporate Criminal Justice University
• Created, implemented, delivered, and coordinated courses in: Domestic Violence, Anger Management, Street Drug Gangs, Courtroom Procedures, Probation History, Georgia Law, Psychopharmacology of Illicit Drugs, and more.
• Conducted bi-monthly Basic Probation Officer Training program and certified all staff as substance abuse screeners and Probation Officers. Coordinated all training for 250 probation personnel.
• Served as State Substance Abuse Director and Subject Matter Expert while coordinating Drug Free Workplace program for twenty-two offices and over 35,000 drug screens annually.
• Designed and implemented statewide quality control system and managed criminal justice auditing team for 124 judges. Manage investigations serving over 100 courts and twenty-two offices with ov