Whether you’re seeking online courses for your business degree or hoping to knock out a gen ed, Sophia’s online business courses can help save you time and money.
Here’s what you can expect when you choose to take a business course with Sophia:
Learn the Ins and Outs of Business at Your Own Pace
Sophia’s online business courses are self-paced, which means you can complete them in the time that is most convenient for you. Some students prefer a slow and steady approach, while others appreciate the opportunity to work through lessons more quickly if they are already familiar with the concepts.
On average, Sophia students take 26 days to complete a business course.
Not a business major? Chances are you’ll still need to take a few business courses. Many other fields of study incorporate aspects of business learning, including marketing, communications, economics, political science, human resources management, and entrepreneurship. Plus business courses may be a common general education requirement.
Complete Your Business Courses at an Affordable Rate
Sophia doesn’t charge you per course. Instead, we offer a flexible subscription fee of $79 per month that will grant you access to all of our ACE Credit®–recommended online business courses. You can take up to two courses at a time and work your way through as many as your schedule allows each month.
So, how does this compare to the cost of taking business courses through your accredited college or university? While tuition costs vary based on the state, institution type, and whether you’re billed in-state or out-of-state tuition, the Education Data Initiative has done a lot of research on the average cost per credit hour at two- and four-year institutions. Check out their latest report or review your school’s tuition fees for a cost analysis. And don’t forget to factor in cost savings on things like books and supplies, room and board, and student loan interest rates.
Take Your Business Learning Anywhere You Go
Our user-friendly business courses are completely on demand, which means you don’t need to commit to taking them at any one time or in any one location. All you need is access to a laptop, tablet, or smart phone. Want to knock out some college-level courses when you’re away from campus on a holiday break? Have a gap in your weekly course schedule? Sophia can help you maximize your time by tackling convenient, college-level business courses that may be transferred to your college or university for general education credit.
Which Courses Are Right For You?
Our eight current business courses cover a range of fundamental topics. Here’s what you’ll learn from each of them:
- Accounting: This fundamental course covers the basics of accounting that are necessary to run a sole proprietorship, including bookkeeping and preparing financial reports,
- Business Law: This course is one of Sophia’s newest and will introduce you to the key laws that govern businesses, the fundamentals of liability, the role of contracts, and property law.
- College Readiness: This practical course is designed to help orient you to the college experience and develop strategies for success in your academic and personal life so you can reach your collegiate and professional goals.
- Developing Effective Teams: This is Sophia’s shortest business course; ACE Credit® recommends it is worth 1.0 semester credits. But it’s packed with valuable information about the characteristics of high-performing teams and the skills and strategies needed to build them.
- Introduction to Business: This popular course will teach you about the environment of business, the science of marketing, investing, and human resources management—and how these concepts apply to companies of all sizes, including entrepreneurial endeavors.
- Principles of Finance: This fundamental course covers the basics of finance that are necessary to operate a business, including financial statements, capital management, and financial planning.
- Principles of Management: This course focuses on the main functions of management: planning, organizing, leading, and controlling.
- Project Management: This course is one of Sophia’s newest and will introduce you to the life cycle of managing a project, including the skills and planning needed to ensure each project’s success.
Sophia students have successfully completed more than 34,000 online
business courses. We’re proud to have been a part of helping so many
learners reach their academic goals.
Learn more about your options for taking business courses online with Sophia.