If you think math is hard, you’re not alone. Many people lack confidence in their math abilities. But with Sophia, you have the space and flexibility to grow your math skills on your own terms. Sophia puts you in control of your learning thanks to a self-paced online platform, an innovative teaching approach, and tutoring support in some courses.
No matter what career you pursue, you’ll use math more than you might expect. Math can also help you with situations in your own life—like understanding how a bank account earns interest or interpreting the statistics of your favorite sports team. Plus, math courses are a common bachelor’s degree requirement. That’s why Sophia offers a range of college-level math courses to build your skills and help you earn general education credits.
What Math Courses Can You Take at Sophia?
Sophia offers self-paced college-level math courses that can help you expand your knowledge and make progress toward a degree. Choose from our growing list of course options:
- Introduction to College Mathematics. See how math can help you understand the world in a new way. Get hands-on with real numbers, linear equations, logarithmic functions, probability and statistics. By the end of the course, you should be able to solve basic arithmetic equations and apply math concepts to real-world situations such as financial transactions.
- College Algebra. Using scenario-based activities inspired by real-world situations, you’ll learn about linear, non-linear and other mathematical functions that include algebraic, graphic, and numeric properties. You’ll also apply mathematical concepts to algebraic expressions, quadratic equations and more.
- Calculus I. Learn the fundamental concepts of calculus by reviewing precalculus topics and diving into calculus concepts such as limits and continuity, interpretations and applications of the derivative, and techniques of integration. You’ll also apply what you’ve learned by writing equations of lines and circles, analyzing and graphing combinations of functions, and calculating higher order derivatives.
- Introduction to Statistics. Learn the basics of statistics including core principles, research methodologies, data analysis and hypothesis testing. Explore key concepts in statistical reasoning, see how data is represented in real-world examples, and learn to apply statistical thinking to real-life scenarios.
- Foundations of Statistics. Learn the fundamentals of statistics and prepare yourself for college-level statistics courses. Explore concepts like variation, correlation, probability, and statistical analysis. With your newfound stats skills, you can evaluate statistical methods, interpret statistics, and calculate probability.
Growing your math skills is a smart move for your career, your general education requirements, and your life. Sophia gives you convenient and affordable options to build college-level math skills while crossing general education requirements off your list. Begin your free Sophia trial, which allows access throught the first assessment, and see for yourself.