Purchase a monthly Sophia membership for just $79.
Here's what you get:
Full Access & Flexibility
A monthly Sophia Membership provides you with access to our entire 33 course catalog. Take just a few or take them all*. Take a week to finish a course, or take two months. Whatever works for you.
Try before you buy! It's free. No credit card required.
No Additional Course Fees
There are no additional course registration fees. They're included in the cost of your monthly membership. Also, there are no additional material, texbook, or ebook fees. Everything is included in the courses.
As a member, you're not on your own. Sophia Learning Coaches offer support every step of the way and are available to help by phone, email, or online chat.
What it's all about. We have lots of options for earning credit in ways that fit your schedule and your goals. See Details.
* There is a limit of 2 active courses at one time.
Frequently asked questions
- What is Sophia?
- Sophia is an alternative credit provider. Sophia's 33 ACE®-approved, self-paced courses are accepted for credit at hundreds of colleges and universities. Students can take them any time, on any device, and there are no textbooks or in-person requirements. Sophia is a subsidiary of Strategic Education, Inc. (NASDAQ: STRA), a leader in enabling economic mobility through education.
- Is Sophia a college or university?
- No. Sophia courses are recommended for college credit by the American Council of Education (ACE CREDIT®). Many colleges and universities consider the ACE CREDIT® recommendation when evaluating transfer credit. Check with your college or university to ensure transferability before taking Sophia courses.
- How much does Sophia cost?
- Take Sophia courses on your smartphone, tablet, or laptop, all for $79 per month. There are no additional course registration fees. They're included in the cost of your monthly membership.
- How many courses can I take?
- There is no limit to the number of courses you can take each month. However, we do limit you to two active courses at one time.
- How do I cancel?
- Sophia is flexible. There are no long term commitments. You can cancel your membership from your profile in two clicks. When you cancel your membership you will continue to have access to your courses until the end of your membership period. You can resume your membership anytime.
- If my regular payment fails, will I lose access to courses?
- Failed payments can cause the membership to lapse. This would cause course access loss. You may edit/update your payment information via your Profile.
- Do you still have access to an unofficial transcript/can order an official transcript without being a member?
- Transcripts for completed courses will be available after membership expiration/cancellation.